Join the Farm Bell Team!!
We have a small, fun, work environment here at Charlottesville’s newest hot spot on the restaurant scene. There are always new positions being made available at Farm Bell Kitchen. Check back often to see what’s available!
We are currently seeking: FOH MANAGER
We have an immediate opening for a manager to operate Farm Bell Kitchen on Main Street in Charlottesville. Farm Bell is a successful and busy table service brunch and dinner eatery. Farm Bell is located one block from the University Corner, across the street from the UVa Medical Center.
Our guiding principles focus on quality and consistent food, hospitality and communication. We pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests. At our restaurant the manager is at the center of the customer experience and our team performance.
WHAT ARE THE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Oversee operations providing an experience that is grounded in helpfulness and hospitality
- Ensure consistency and quality of our food and service
- Lead by example and mentor a team of 20+ staff
- Hiring, training, developing and retaining an effective team
- Communicating and encouraging our guiding principles to the team members
- Maintaining the highest standards of food safety and sanitation
- Placing weekly beverage/supply orders
- Maintaining open/close checklists
- Staffing coordination and scheduling and managing time off requests
- Standing meetings with kitchen staff, sales team, catering staff and creative team
- Direct, support, and recognize your team members through performance feedback
- Control operating expenses through the timely maintenance of the facilities and equipment
- Work with the management team to identify, develop and evaluate innovative offerings
- Participate in ongoing training to advance your food and beverage knowledge
- Engage with our customers to deliver a personalized experience
- Develop, propose, and implement improvements to service and operations
- Anticipate needs by evaluating operations, forecasts and trends
- Perform basic bank reconciliation and accounting, with support of the management team
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- 3+ years of experience as a manager of a full-service restaurant
- Demonstrable time management, work ethic and organizational skills
- No more than three jobs in the past six years
- Strong understanding of restaurant financials
- Highly proficient with POS operations and web-based restaurant management platforms
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MANAGER WHO:
- Has an uncompromising standard of service
- Requires precise communication
- Multi-tasks and delegates in a fast-paced environment
- Is focused on the customer experience and likes making people happy
- Knows how to help individual staff members learn and reach their potential
- Assumes bottom-line responsibility for restaurant performance
- Demonstrates a passion for quality, communication and cleanliness
- Models hard work for the staff and brings energy to the workplace
- Maintains punctual and consistent attendance by staff
- Believes constant improvement and growth is achievable
- Has directly related catering or casual dining restaurant management experience, including personnel management and operations
- Expects to work 50 hours per week, including weekends
- Stand for extended periods of time, and be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift
- Walk the restaurant throughout the day, assisting staff and guests
- Move and lift supplies and other items up to 40 pounds from floor to shelves and up stairs
- Reach items under counter and overhead on shelves
Competitive compensation package based on qualifications and key performance metrics. When we find the right person for this position, the owner is invested in that manager for the long haul. This position is a career for a highly-capable individual and the compensation package will confirm that.
- Competitive annual base salary
- Quarterly and Annual bonuses achievable
- Subsidized health insurance
- Paid time off
- Salary increase based on performance
WHO ARE WE?
You will be joining a group of passionate individuals who take their work, but not themselves too seriously. We are a close-knit team of hospitality professionals looking for an experienced leader to join us and provide restaurant management expertise. Having already created the Dinsmore Inn (www.dinsmorehouse.com) and Red Hub Barbecue (www.redhubfoodco.com) and Farm Bell Kitchen (www.farmbellkitchen.com), our team has a track record of creating and operating successful small businesses in Charlottesville. Your support team, already on staff:
- Hands-on Owner
- Director of Sales
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Keyed Shift Manager
- Operations Manager
ARE YOU RIGHT FOR THE JOB?
If you believe you should be the Manager of Farm Bell Kitchen, email a cover letter, resume and other pertinent materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Ryan Hubbard. Please do not call or come by the restaurant. Our team will schedule interviews at the beginning of March and make our hiring decision quickly.